- Genetic predisposition and environmental factors for the development of NPC
- Molecular pathogenesis and cellular biology of NPC, which include the contribution of Epstein-Barr Virus to the causation and progression of NPC
- Diagnosis and biomarkers for NPC
- Therapeutic approaches and potential novel therapies for NPC
- Identification of knowledge gaps in the clinic and scientific research and promotion of collaborative research
- Research Scientists
- Clinical researchers
- ENT surgeons
- Medical officers
- All professionals and trainees who are interested in nasopharyngeal carcinoma
|Early bird registration extended: 31 March 2011
Deadline for abstracts extended: 30 April 2011
|Click here to view latest programme
(updated 18 June 2011)
Background to the Discussion Sessions
Click here to read.
Poster Mounting Guidelines
Congratulations to those whose abstracts have been accepted as posters. Click here for poster mounting guidelines.
Message from the Organising Chairperson
Dear Delegates, Colleagues and Friends
Malaysia is privileged to host the 5th International Symposium on Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, on the island of Penang, Malaysia, from 22nd till 24th June 2011. The symposium is part of a series of International Symposia which was initiated in Paris, France in 2003. Since then, the meetings were held in Toronto (2005), Sunshine Coast (2007) and Marrakech (2009).
The goal of the symposium is to bring together international groups of experts of research scientists, clinical oncologists, radiologists, ENT surgeons, virologists, pathologists, radiologists and epidemiologists to deepen our understanding of the disease, decrease the disease burden and improve outcome for patients with NPC.
The objectives of the Symposium are:
- To share knowledge on Epstein-Barr virology, in relation to causation and progression of NPC
- To understand the molecular pathogenesis of NPC, and how this information can help in developing biomarkers for NPC
- To understand the range of therapeutic approaches on treating NPC
- To understand the role of potential novel therapies which might improve outcome for patients with NPC
- To identify the knowledge gaps and promote collaborative research on NPC
We have put together an interesting scientific program that will cover a wide range of sub-themes and selected topics related to NPC. Prominent speakers who are experts in their field would highlight to us important developments in NPC. The Symposium will be a catalyst for further interaction and collaboration among the participants. We hope that you will enjoy the meeting and have a memorable time.
To our foreign participants, I would like to wish you “Selamat Datang” or a warm welcome, to Malaysia and, specifically, to the island of Penang – a favorite destination for business, leisure and fun.
Chairman, Organizing Committee,
5th. International Symposium on Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma
and President, Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma Society of Malaysia